Re: MIT harassed over publication of PGP book

Hal,

	would such review have any material effect on MIT behavior?

	I appreciate the point about the sneakiness of the State Dept.
However, I can't imagine publication of the next PGP source (or whatever)
to be funded by Sandia.  I would also hope they would have no fingers into
any crypto research.  Prior review of crypto research publications is what
Adm. Inman wanted back in 1978, in response to which both Cryptologia and
ICAR were founded (from my POV).  MIT was a strong force in backing NSA
down on its attempt to get prior review of publications and I'd hate to see
them knuckle under in any way on this point.

 - Carl