Re: ANI Blocking! Fast, Easy, Effective! (fwd)

On Sat, 13 Jul 1996, Mark M. wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Bruce M. wrote:
> >     I thought this might be of interest due of the recent discussions
> > about ANI and privacy.  I've seen this type of service before, but this
> > one is apparently free (besides the cost of calling their area code if
> > you aren't local).
>
> It might be cheaper to use a pre-paid phone card.  However, the company that
> issues the card has access to your ANI information.

    Why not increase your level of precaution and use your pre-paid phone
card to dial the number that ripco advertised and then dial out from
there?
                      [ Bruce M. - Feist Systems, Inc. ]
     "Official estimates show that more than 120 countries have or are
      developing [information warfare] capabilities." -GAO/AIMD-96-84