Clueless "Attachment converted" uses

At 6:48 AM 7/15/96, Gregory A Empey wrote:
>On Thu, 20 Jun 1996 10:55:29 -0800 jim bell <[email protected]>
>writes:
>>At 10:59 AM 6/20/96 -0400, Intense wrote:
>>>
>>>does not matter - it will be renewed in the interest of the
>>government
>>>The goverment want's there backdoor...  would you expect less?
>>
>>As far as I know, patents can't be "renewed."  I've heard they can be
>>"re-issued," amended, but to my knowledge that doesn't extend their
>>term.
>>
>>Jim Bell
>>[email protected]
>>

>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:UUE.DOC (WDBN/MSWD) (0000FAD8)

OK, I _usually_ delete these "Attachment converted" messages, which
(fortunately) deletes the attachment in my "Attachments" folder, but for
some reason this time I fired up my word processor and opened the
attachment.

All I found was this crap:

"Hey, im ready to seriously f*ck-up MCI for no apparent
reason, and im also giving credit card (and calling
card) #'s away for no apparent reason, just reply to
[email protected]."

I urge people to NOT use attachments when ordinary plain text will
obviously work. There's a time and a place for richly formatted messages, a
la MIME, but not on a mailing list with heterogeneous platforms, mailers,
and varying graphics capabilities. Think of our mailing list as being like
Usenet, where graphics messages and oddball formats are frowned upon
(except in the binaries groups, and a few of the non-English language
groups).

And especially not clueless nonsense like this call for "fucking up MCI."

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!