Re: Organized Crime Home Page - Four Horsemen, No Waiting

On Sun, 14 Jul 1996, Alan Bostick wrote:

> Cypherpunks interested in establishment scaremongering are invited
> to take a look at the Organized Crime Home Page
> of organized crime.  Apparently every evil known to post-Cold-War
> society, even the bad weather in Chicago, is the responsibility of
> organized crime.  Now you know why governments need GAK.
> Alan-Bob says check it out.

     I just a crack about government being organized crime, then I
came across their defination:

" DEFINING ORGANIZED CRIME

We could define organized crime as an agreement between men to forward a
common cause, using other humans as tools for advancement, without regard
to the health or happiness of those "other" humans outside the group.

Using humans may involve selling them as slaves, selling them as prostitutes,
draining their resources with addictive drugs or gambling, extortion, theft,
kidnapping, or murder. These are generally associated with organized crime,
and not with "legitimate business"."

     Given the first paragraph, governement could _easily_ fall into such
a defination, and taxes are just a little like extortion.

     Maybe these people aren't total loons, but I'd suggest they've read
Neurmancer once too often.

Petro, Christopher C.
[email protected] <prefered for any non-list stuff>
[email protected]