Someone can't read

>    Clinton Proposes Initiatives On the Scrambling of Data
{}
>    The insistence of the Administration on moving forward on
>    key-escrow technology appears to ignore the advice of a May
>    report by the National Research Council, which recommended
>    going more slowly on key escrow because the technology had
>    not yet been proved feasible.
>
>    Administration officials said yesterday, however, that they
>    were better informed than the council's members realized.
>
>    "We're further down the road on key-escrow technology than
>    the N.R.C. is familiar with," said Greg Simon, Vice
>    President Al Gore's chief domestic policy adviser.

As I recall the NRC members in DC said, in *EXPLICITLY* rejecting
the "If only you know what we know..." mantra, that if there was
something the [NRC] did not know, it wasn't cuz that had not asked
everyone involved. (Or words to that effect)

So it appears the Admin was withholding data from the Congress....

	I have here in front of me, documented proof that there
	are crypto-carrying members of the Cypherpunk Party...

--
A host is a host from coast to [email protected]