Re: Can't block caller ID in Massachusetts?

Eric Murray writes:
> When I called the Pac Bell customer service droids to get my "complete"
> blocking I asked them why they won't block CID to 800 numbers.
> Their answer: "that's just the way it works".

There is a really easy reason for this.

When you call an 800 number, the other guy gets billed. The person
that gets billed has a legal right to know the call details of a toll
call they are paying for. If you don't want them to know where you are
calling from, don't ask them to pay for it.

Perry