Re: Surf-filter lists

Robert A. Hayden wrote:

> <rant>A Private organization cannot "censor" anything.  The fundamental
> definition of the word require some agent of the government take action
> to censor.

I think you need a new dictionary.  I don't see any reason why I shouldn't
use the word "censor" to describe the action of a parent clipping articles
from "Weekly Reader", for example.

Whether some instance of censorship is interesting in a legal sense of
course hinges on whether a government is involved.

Mike M Nally * Tiv^H^H^H IBM * Austin TX    * For the time being,
       [email protected] * [email protected]          *
      <URL:http://www.io.com/~m101>         *    three heads and eight arms.