Re: Russian foreign intelligence CD-ROM

Declan McCullagh wrote:

>  LOOKING FOR A GREAT GIFT IDEA? The Russian Foreign Intelligence Service
>  (SVR) announced yesterday that it is releasing a six-hour long CD ROM that
>  tells the stirring 75-year history of Soviet and Russian foreign
>  intelligence. The CD ROM will be released in Russian and English versions
>  and sell for about $120. It promises to provide buyers with access to SVR
>  headquarters, and contains interviews with dozens of heretofore mysterious
>  intelligence officers described as having helped shape the existing world
>  order. (Itar-Tass, Interfax, July 16)

Knowing KGB habits as pertaining to releasing information to the public,
I would expect 50% of the CDROM to be pure bullshit, 40% -- lies, and
maybe 10% truth that was already publicly available.

It is like buying a CDROM about the history of the Net from Dr. Grubor.
Maybe it would be interesting and amusing, but not worth $120.

Would be nice if I was proven wrong though.

	- Igor.