Re: spam suckers (was Re: Chancellor Group....)

>	FYI: I've been forwarding complaints about the moneyworld spam
>to the following addresses:
>
>[email protected]
>[email protected]
>[email protected]
>[email protected]

Our site is being systematically spammed (slowly) one user at a time.
I setup a procmail filter that bounces the mail globally, and sends a
copy to hostmaster at mci.net (with a little note about litigation for
harassment and unauthorized use of resources for good measure.)
And yes, we just got another VRFY just now..

Tell tale signs:

If you start getting VRFY's from 208.129.19.69 (moneyworld.com) then
you're going to receiving email from [email protected] very shortly
thereafter.

(for those unaware - VRFY is an SMTP command to verify an email address.
Some sites disable them, other sites trap them, some do nothing at all)

I don't know who the right person to complain to is, but it sure is
irritating. I think I'll start CC'ing [email protected] as well.

Doug Hughes					Engineering Network Services
System/Net Admin  				Auburn University
			[email protected]