Re: Crypto 96

On 17 Jul 96 at 16:45, Hal wrote:

> Crypto 96 is coming up in about a month.  This looks like a more
> interesting program than last year, IMO.  According to the preliminary
[..]

> Key-Schedule Cryptanalysis of IDEA, G-DES, GOST, SAFER, and Triple-DES
>    John Kelsey, Counterpane Systems, USA
>    Bruce Schneier, Counterpane Systems, USA
>    David Wagner, Univ. California at Berkeley, USA
>
> 	There are actually several cryptanalysis type papers for which
> 	I can't tell from the title whether they will be big new
> 	results or not.  Anybody know what "key schedule" cryptanalysis
> 	is?

The way a key is transformed into a larger key or S-box. I assume
cryptanalysis of these means that there may be weaknesses which can
be exploited.

Rob

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 [email protected] (root@magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <[email protected]>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.