Re: Netscape download requirements

At  8:44 AM 7/19/96 -0400, Peter D. Junger wrote:
>(I do want to thank Netscape--and especially Tom Weinstein who tried
>to give me a lot of assistance--for making the downloading possible.
>On the other hand, I certainly don't think that we owe any thanks to
>the government agencies that made all this rigamarole necessary.)

I echo Peter's thanks.  Netscape is helping us demonstrate a market for
strong, non-GAKed crypto.  This market exists in spite of what the GAK fans
say.

If the American people carefully considered the issues of GAK, I strongly
believe they would come down on the side of privacy, and not on the side of
total government access to communication.  That is why our government is
trying so hard to institute GAK thru international treaty, the path with
the least public input and scrutiny.

Bill Frantz       | The Internet may fairly be | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | regarded as a never-ending | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | worldwide conversation.    | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA