Ignorance is Strength, Escrow is Security

At 9:01 PM 7/19/96, Steve Reid wrote:

>I'm sure the evil Iraqi terrorists (and other horsemen) are snooping the
>line, using their newly purchased PCs and FPGAs to crack the 40-bit crypto
>so that they can gain the wonderful advantages of 128-bit SSL, which will
>of course prevent wiretaps from working, thus aiding them in their
>terrorist attacks and bringing about the end of the world as we know it.

The Iraqi People's Benovolent Security Protection Brigade (IPBSPB) has no
need to snoop the lines, at least for my communications, as I am
voluntarily escrowing my communications keys as well as my storage key with
the IPBSPB.

To the United States government requesting a global key escrow regimen, be
careful what you ask for, as you may get it.

(Question: I know that the Iraqi IPBSPB has close relations with the French
SDECE, so does this mean I can just escrow my keys with the Iraqis and
assume they have let the boys at SDECE get copies?)

"America will be stronger when 137 nations of the world and their
notoriously corrupt security services have access to all communications of
Americans."

Ignorance is Strength, Escrow is Security, Arbeit Macht Frei.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!