Re: US versions of Netscape now available

From:	IN%"[email protected]" 20-JUL-1996 09:00:37.83

>Alex de Joode wrote:

>> I would like to know what Netscape's position on the above mentioned
>> scenario is .. (Uploading "possibly" received 128 bit binaries to
>> official netscape mirrors outside the US, that is) (guess why ...)

>I guess I should look again, but I *thought* our licenses explicitly
>excepted use of "US-Only" software (defined in the license) from the
>standard exclusions.  I think the attys lifted some of the definitions
>straight from ITAR and may have quoted 22USC.  Maybe we screwed
>up and got the wrong license in the beta and missed the check.
>I don't know.  I'll look.  *sigh*

	BTW, is the license essentially copyright-based? If so, you're going
to have trouble using it in a country that you can't legally sell/give away
with limits the stuff to; it is assumed that you aren't losing anything. I
may be wrong, of course, but that's my understanding of how penalties, etcetera
are determined under copyright law.
	-Allen