Re: Netscape

Rich Graves wrote:
>[on hacktic]
>> netscape-fts2-hp10.tar.gz	Fast Track Server 2.0 for HPUX10
>> netscape-fts2-nt.exe		Fast Track Server 2.0 for WinNT
>> netscape-hpus-30b5.tar.gz	Navigator 3.0b5 for HP-UX
>> netscape-linux-30b5.tar.gz	Navigator 3.0b5 for Linux
>> netscape-ssl30-src.tar.gz	SSL 3.0 source code
>> netscape32us-30b5.exe	Navigator 3.0b5 for Win95/NT
>
>And thus it begins... I think it's a bad idea to provoke the TLAs
>like this, but I suppose it's inevitable.

Why is it a bad idea? If you don't do it, you support the ITAR
by your lack of action! Every day that you don't export strong
crypto you assist the enemy.

>(But doesn't anyone use Macs or Suns?)

Mac download didn't work yesterday. The download page doesn't
say if the Solaris versions are for Sparc or Intel (they are
different and incompatible binaries, aren't they?).

>> By the way, is it possible to get a certificate for the
>> Fast Track 128 bit servers outside of north america?
>
>Why would you want one when the source for Apache-SSL is available?

Just for fun. To show the TLAs what complete morons they are...

>Besides, it's a Serious Copyright Violation, said with minimal
irony. This whole thing isn't Netscape's fault; in fact, they're
>doing their best to be the good guys.

Do you Seriously Believe that Netscape would prefer foreigners
to develop and use competing products? Of course not. They are
probably secretly applauding the brave exporters.