Re: pledge status

On 20 Jul 96 23:12:20 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>One recalls the Russian novelist (can't think of his name, the one who
>wrote _Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch_), who stated that if even 1%
Solzhenitsyn? (Spelling may be wrong) Very good, BTW.
>of all of the Cheka/KGB's arrest-in-the-middle-of-the-night victims had
>put up some resistance, and maybe have killed a Chekist before being
>gunned down..... the whole damn system of Stalinist terror would have
>unraveled, from the lack of police willingness to die for the greater
>glory of Mr Stalin.

>I think this has
> relevance to the
>black-ninjas-pretending-that-they're-in-a-Hollywood-script thread about
>cops making unanounced search warrant services at 4am.
>
>I have tremendous admiration for my local LEO's.  It's the federales that
>are the problem, usually.
I'm thinking of Waco, where, I've heard, more experienced SWAT-types
tried to talk their bosses out of a certain infamous mistake...

// Chris Adams <[email protected]> - Webpages for sale! Se habla JavaScript!
// Automatically receive my resume or PGPKEY by sending email with a subject
// of 'send PGPKEY' or 'send resume'. Capitalization counts so be careful!