Re: DES-Busting Screen Savers?

At 15:53 7/23/96, Timothy C. May wrote:

>Or several times that number of machines or time for machines with less
>crunch. Say, 100K Pentium-type machines for a month or two. How might this
>be gotten?
>
>A while back I proposed one approach: a brute force "screen saver" for
>Windows machines. Other platforms, maybe, but the most cost-effective thing
>to do is to go after the Windows market only.

A friend of mine actually wrote an RC4-40 cracking screen saver during the
initial RC4 crack. We finished the brute force so quickly that he never
released the software.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.