Re: No more stupid gun thread ...

At 1:24 AM 7/23/96, Ernest Hua wrote:
>Ok.  This thread has gone on long enough and covered just about every
>point except the one which I originally made in my first response,
>which is that I abhor the idea that kids should carry weapons (of any
>sort) to school as standard equipment.  In fact, I abhor the idea
>that kids should carry weapons at school for any reason.
>
>Enough said.
>
>I do not care to discuss:
>
>1.  Should kids have any weapons at any time?
>
>2.  Should kids have guns (specifically guns)?
>
>3.  Should kids know how to operate weapons of any sort?

Fine, Ernest, then don't discuss these issues!

I don't recall _anyone_ arguing the case for kids carrying guns to school.
Several people commented on the training they received as children, the
training they have given their own children, and their general views.
Nothing about giving little 8-year-old Suzie an Uzi to carry to her
3rd-grade class.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!