Re: Boobytraps and the American Legal System

At 6:05 AM 7/23/96, Lucky Green wrote:
>At 12:48 7/23/96, Timothy C. May wrote:
>
>>(Later examples were to be even worse. For example, the burglar who climbed
>>on a roof and stepped through a skylight. He sued, and won. I guess the
>>owner of the property was obligated to install night lights so burglars
>>could see their way, and to generally make his property more
>>"burglar-friendly." Or the woman who sued a hospital, claiming her psychic
>>abilities were lost after a CAT scan. She won.)
>
>And then there was the burglar who cut his hands on razor wire while
>attempting to scale a fence. He too recovered damages from the property
>owner. Some people say that the lesson to be learned form such harsh legal
>realities is to kill burglars on sight. After all, dead people don't sue...

A nice theory, but not true. Their estates can and do sue. Lost income,
mental anguish, the usual stuff. And maybe their insurance companies, if
any claims were paid, would also sue.

No, a better solution it seems to me is to dispose of the body so there is
only a "disappearance," with nothing to link the perp to one's self.
(Unless the perp left records or told someone...)

My place is pretty isolated, so I wonder if my proposed solution is enough:
process with my 10 h.p Troy-Bilt chipper/shredder, treat output with 2
sacks of quicklime, hose resulting product into ravine dropping down to
valley floor below. (Probably too much DNA-carrying crud left around,
should a forensic pathologist ever start nosing around...the old
tried-and-true method of a midnight planting in a remote location, far away
from one's own home, is better.)

BTW, one of the worst aspects of the recent crackdown on gun sales and
transfers is that it's become much harder to get hold of a gun with no
paper trail to one's self. Those of us who used to frequent "gun shows"
have adequate supplies of guns with no traceability back to
ourselves...useful for planting on perps who happened to be unarmed.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!