Re: Overwelmed with Stupidity...

On Sat, 27 Jul 1996, Shaun Clark wrote:

> Ok, ok... Let me say something, but I don't want anyone to take this wrong. I'm not
> trying to be stupid, but I don't have half the knowledge you all seem to posses. For
> instance what the heck is a TRS-80, DES, or even GAK? I probabl;y know or have heard
> but, I'm not picking up on the three letter words. So, if you could help meout maybe I
> just might be able to start contributing activly to this mailer!

     Don't worry about TRS-80, if you are lucky, you will never need to know,
and if you are unlucky, well, let the horror wait until that point.
     GAK is Government Access to Keys.
     As for DES and the rest, try the standard primer Applied Cryptography,
Protocols, Algorithms and Source Code in C by Bruse Schneier.

Petro, Christopher C.
[email protected] <prefered for any non-list stuff>
[email protected]