TLAs on cypherpnks (was Re: ALL OF YOU ARE CRIMINAL HACKERS)

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 28-Jul-96 Re: ALL OF YOU ARE
CRIMINAL.. by anonymous-remailer@shell
> Tips for reporting this 'clandestine' list to the FBI (and it's contributors)
>
> 1) Be sure to speak slowly and use small words when contacting the FBI.
> 2) If you can, be sure to work the words 'Pipe Bomb', 'Olympics', and/or
> 'TWA' into your sentences.
> 3) Remember to unsubscribe from the list before reporting it.

At a recent conference in downtown DC, I was chatting with a few folks
in the hotel bar. One of 'em was reminiscing about his days at the CIA
and I reminded him that during my presentation earlier that day I talked
about crypto-anarchy (giving appropriate credit to Tim May, of course).

I asked him if he had ever monitored the cypherpunks list. "No, I
didn't. It was too high-traffic," he said. "But the guy in the next
office over from me did."

Is this the first confirmed report of TLA cypherpunk-monitoring?

-Declan