Re: Just some comments on what I've read here

> It won't be that expensive...lesse....my WAN, for about 5000
>  people and 15000 machines, only runs me about $400,000 US
>  per month.  That's just circuit charges, of course... doesn't
>  include any of the networking equipment or cost of the
>  machines....is this a troll or what?

I dunno, are you a nob?

As I recall I said the expenses where going to be in the switches (or public
networks).

Plus I'm thinking the most basic services of telnet, ftp, smtp, and some
nnp...

Plug two network boards (whether ethernet or X.25 or ATM) into a UNIX
computer and you have a router.

You cannot tell me that hardware (minus the hardcore ATM/X.25 stuff) is not
inexpensive enough to put something together.  At least for a few thousand
users all sophisticated enough to know how to install a UNIX or Linux
system... I'm talking about a club here - not a replacement for the internet.

Open up your mind, dude....