Re: "An who shall guard the guardians?"

At 02:46 AM 8/1/96 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:

>The Latin maxim "And who shall guard the guardians?" has some relevance to
>the headlong rush into converting the U.S. into even more of a security
>state than it is now.
>
>The investigation in Atlanta is now focussing on a rent-a-cop who may have
>planted the pipe bomb and then "discovered" it. Check the usual Web news
>sources for more details. Whether he is the bomber or not is not the point,
>which is, "who watches the cops?"

The timing of the revelation of the investigation's interest in Jewell, the
rent-a-cop, is highly suspicious.  We have now learned that (contrary to
previous reports that the bomb exploded 18 minutes after the warning was
given by telephone), in fact the 911 people wasted about 10 minutes trying
to figure out the address of the park.  Even though this story did indeed
get reported by the media, a little, "as if on cue" the interest in Jewell
was leaked. It gives the media something to talk about other than the known
official screwup.

A coincidence?

Jim Bell
[email protected]