Re: Jewell is the Militia Bomber!!!!

On 31 Jul 96 22:40:46 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>The security guard Jewell is now confirmed to be the prime suspect. While
>NBC News is reporting that no evidence _directly_ links him to the bombing,
>the evidence against him is overwhelming:
>
>1. He is overweight. With the exception of The Unabomber, most perps in
>cases like this are fat.

After all, who could *not* want to conform with crowd?  Anyone who isn't
obsessed with being thin must have something wrong with him.  There ought
to be a law against people like him!

>2. They found a _shotgun_ in his cabin.

Only a criminal would have a reason for that! After, what legitimate use
could a citizen have with one? If he wants to hunt, he should use a
rifle!

>3. He had an interest in guns. (Back issues of "Guns and Ammo" are bad
>enough, but possession of even a single issue of "Combat Handguns" is
>sufficient to convict in 39 of the 50 states.)

Particularly for a cop! Why would anyone in his position need *that*!

>4. News sources are reporting that authorities who searched his apartment
>and his cabin "came up empty," which surely implies that he planned this
>crime with the help of others.

We can take prime examples of this:  The Whitehouse hiring dilemna - if
they can't figure out who hired him, there must be someone in on the job!
 Maybe it's the dead guy. Maybe it's those evil Internet users...

___
Sorry about breaking your sarcasm-meter...
___
>(P.S. I, too, was convinced Jewell was the guy. But in recent hours it is
>looking like a "rush to judgment" could be involved. There is strong
>pressure to "solve the crime" by the close of the Olympics on Sunday.)

I think we could track this to the replacement of literature and culture
with TV - if everyone from T.J. Hooker to Agents Sculley and Mulder solve
a mystery in 30 minutes, surely they can do it in real life, too.

How much do you want to bet that if it is a frame and it is successful,
they'll "find" a PGP encrypted file with plans and use it to promote GAK?

# Chris Adams <[email protected]> - Webpages for sale! Se habla JavaScript!
# Automatically receive my resume or PGPKEY by sending email with a subject
# of 'send PGPKEY' or 'send resume'. Capitalization counts so be careful!
# Web site: http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htm