(Un)Freeh makes claims on wiretapping

	The usual governmental rhetoric. Again, I'm not seeing achnowledgement
from anyone except maybe the ACLU that there's no evidence that such tactics
would have stopped the TWA bombing - not that they would be justified even if
it would have. Legalized drugs, etcetera would free up quite enough law
enforcement to take care of the problem.
	-Allen

>   Cobb Group - Netscape

>           FBI DIRECTOR: WIRETAP PROPOSALS WON'T THREATEN LIBERTIES

>      Copyright &copy 1996 Nando.net
>      Copyright &copy 1996 The Associated Press

>   WASHINGTON (Aug 1, 1996 1:41 p.m. EDT) -- FBI Director Louis Freeh
>   said today Americans are under increasing attack by terrorists and
>   proposed new wiretapping authority would not greatly expand
>   government's powers.

>   "The country and the American people have been experiencing an
>   increasing war against them by terrorists and terrorist-supported
>   activities," Freeh told a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing.
>   Americans "are clearly under attack and we are the prime targets for
>   this kind of terrorism."

[...]