Re: "And who shall guard the guardians?"

>On Cyperpunks recently, Tim May wrote:
>
>>The Latin maxim "And who shall guard the guardians?" has some relevance to
>>the headlong rush into converting the U.S. into even more of a security
>>state than it is now.

The English-Only bill just passed in the House bans the use of
non-English languages by government officials.  Does Tim's sudden
avoidance of the Latin mean that _he_'s the Fed??

At 02:57 PM 7/31/96 -0700, Martin Minow <[email protected]> wrote:

>I would suspect that a Baysian analysis
>would indicate that the risk of holding (and losing) a key is
>greater than the risk of not holding (and needing) a key.

Cui bono?  Or, in this case, risk to _whom_?
The damage from losing a key is done to the key's owner,
who's a mere Subject, while the dangers of needing a key
that one doesn't have are interference with the Custodians
doing the jobs they want to do.  Sounds like a no-brainer,
from the Government's viewpoint.

	TRUST NO ONE!