Re: SOUP KITCHENS (fwd)

At 21:10 8/2/96, Jim Choate wrote:

>In my experience they don't get hassled because they get the requisite
>permits and act in good faith. Many of these small businesses and street
>vendors are 'hassled' because they are unwilling or unable to meet basic
>commen sense standards of conduct and go out of there way to circumvent
>regulations and in some cases commen sense.

Jim,
I was there when Food Not Bombs got busted in San Francisco. They tried to
get a permit from the Health Department, but the HD refused to even process
the application. FNB finally won the case. I guess next time the HD will be
smarter, process the application and deny it. At present, SF has a
hands-off policy in regards to Food Not Bombs.

The feeding was never the real issue. The heavy political indoctrination
that came with it was. Patrick McHenry handed out the food, screaming in a
mike, in front of the Federal Building (without interfering with
pedestrians in any way) as the Feds came out on their lunch hour, having to
listen to him complain about President Bush's CIA background, calling Bush
a drug dealer, and demanding to know why there was no money for food when
there was plenty of money for nukes.

Now can we please let this thread (at least on the list) die?

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.