Re: Stop the presses -- Anti-terrorism bill not that bad

At 20:20 8/4/96, Hallam-Baker wrote:

>If people go arround claiming that ownership of guns is necessary
>so that people can commit acts of treason against the US govt
>then it is inevitable that there will be pressure for greater
>regulation. The NRA has been playing a bad hand stupidly. By
>raising the militia argument they have played into the hands
>of abolitionists.

Appeasement never works. See the following two quotes.

"1935 will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has
full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient,
and the world will follow our lead into the future." - Adolf Hitler

* > What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not  <*
* > warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit <*
* > of resistance?  Let them take arms!" - Thomas Jefferson, 1787  <*

NRA Life Member and proud of it,

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.