Re: Internal Passports

[email protected] (Lucky Green) writes:

> At 15:48 8/4/96, Bill Stewart wrote:
>
> >I wonder if they'll still accept an American passport; the country
> >has obviously been taken over by Pod People while we weren't looking....
>
> A US passport is not considered valid ID by the State of Oregon. If
> somebody here doesn't belive this, send someone who looks like he might be
> under 21 into any liquor store in Oregon with just an US passport.

This reminds me how many years ago (I think this was under Reagan, or maybe
even Carter) I went to U.S.V.I without any papers at all, not realizing that
it's "abroad". When the time came for me to get back, I was shocked to see
some security people checking the papers of the people getting on the plane
to N.Y. I explained the situation and they let me in with no papers.

---