Dumbo Lays an Egg (Was Re: e$: Watching the MacRubble Bounce)

At 3:12 AM -0400 8/6/96, Lucky Green wrote:
> Robert, you *really* need to cut back on that Ritalin. No, not just `one
> more'. Put it *away*. Now!
>
> ;-)

*Now* I've gone and done it. In private e-mail, I've gotten things back
like "You're outta control, man.", and "....Boom... My brain exploded.
Summarize please." Usually, I get *nice* letters in my e-mail box after one
of these things...

Serves me right. On a second(!) read, it looks more like I didn't take
*enough* ritalin. Might have focused things down a *lot*...

That's what I get for trying out the May Method of rant-writing (i.e., fire
'em and forget 'em...). *Not* blaming May, of course, I'm just not *that*
smart. ;-). I mean, Heinlien never drafted his short stories, either. :-).
Yes, I know, Tim, You *Knew* Robert Anson Heinlien, and...

Anyway, next time, I'll let it compost a bit, like the other e$ rants I do.
On this one, I just sort of sat down, and, Flow, Vesuvius!, out comes a
rant, 6 hours later. One Command-E, and out it goes.

Now, of course, I'm reminded more of the time I played "Pinata" with the
wasp nest...

Sorry, folks. I'll be more considerate of your time on the next one. Promise.

Oh. In Re the "Hunter Thompson" stuff. I *did* read too much Thompson --
and Tom Wolfe, and lots of other people -- and frankly, unless I'm writing
something nice, dry, and pithy, which I can't do *all* the time, I can't
stop now. You are what you read too much of. I'm kind of, well, twisted,
that way, I guess.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected])
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"'Bart Bucks' are not legal tender."
                -- Punishment, 100 times on a chalkboard,
                       for Bart Simpson
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/