Re: Stealth cookies

At 12:10 AM 8/6/96 -0700, you wrote:
>John F. Fricker wrote:
>> Solution?
>>
>> 1) Don't put your name in the netscape configuration (d'oh)
>
>  No, no, no.  Netscape navigator does not reveal your name or
>put it into cookies.  The only way to get your name or other
>personal information about you into a cookie is for you to type
>it into a web site, and have that site send you back a cookie.
>
>  The only time we reveal your name is in e-mail headers, and
>when doing anonymous FTP when you have manually disabled the default
>of sending 'mozilla@' as the anon ftp password.
>
>	--Jeff

Oh I was just being paranoid I guess. There used to be JavaScript that would
automatically send email from a page. something like

<form method=post name="mailme"
action="mailto:[email protected]?subject=user address">
<input type=hidden name="userAddress" value="done">
</form>

But even if that still works it would be a good trick to associate it with a
cookie.