Re: Anonymous Remailers at work

> Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 21:05:24 -0700
> To: [email protected]
> From: Bill Stewart <[email protected]>
> Subject: Anonymous Remailers at work

> I've recently run into a couple of business problems at work
> that could be solved by (slightly modified) remailers.

> 1) Manager performance review, suggestion boxes, and questions to
> visiting honchos - there are several departments that are using
> "email to the secretary who'll take your name off and forward it"
> to handle this problem.  Remailers are an obvious solution.

>  It would probably be worth modifying the remailer to use a permit-list
>  as well as a block-list for destinations and maybe sources,

>  Any other reasons to install anonymous remailers at work,
>  and things you'd do to make them more attractive or
>  less scary to corporate network administrative types?

I have a very crude + simple remailer using shell scripts.
There is re-ordering and a standard message size.
There is no scope for receipts or replies.

I limit messages to 1kb to make it harder to send images.
(There was once a management complaint about images- nothing
to do with me or the remailer which hadn't started then.)

It can only send and receive mail INSIDE the company.

I have not advertised it widely, for fear of a management veto.
It carries a warning to be sensible, and I'd be able to read
the mail log following complaints.

There is a short banned list, intended only to stop looping.

In another message Bill said:
> immigrant Brits and ...  speaking funny-soundin' English at you.

Um, some of us really do speak English.  To the point where we struggle
to make out Larry King and guest both mumbling away at high speed.