Re: Imprisoned for Not Having a Gun?

	Tim:

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> >Pardon me Jonathon, but I believe you are confusing Morton Grove
> >with Elk Grove. I do not have the statistics for the crime rates

	Mea culpa.  Morton Grove is right.

> Regarding that town nearby that passed a _requirement_ that all households
> have a gun:

	In the case of Kennesaw, if you had a personal objection
	to having a handgun -- or any other weapon --- in your home,
	you were automatically exempt.  If federal, or state law
	prohibited you from owning a weapon, you were also exempt.

	Also note that the official city policy was to not enforce
	that specific law.  It was a purely symbolic thing, which
	did have some interesting side-effects.

        xan

        jonathon
        [email protected]