Re: Cybergangs?

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:

> >CYBERGANGS
> >The head of the gang task force for the Arizona Department of Public Safety
> >reports that a Web site established in Detroit offers a how-to guide for
> >gangster wannabes and is urging gang members everywhere to unite under its
> >umbrella to form the first cyberspace gang.  The official says:  "Now it's
> >in your home, your living room, your den... Unfortunately, these guys can
> >talk about anything they want and there's nothing law enforcement can do
> >about it."  (Atlanta Journal-Constitution 8 Aug 96 F3)
>
> 	Umm... yes, it's called free speech. While organizational ability
> might be a matter for concern, somehow I doubt that having them on the net
> will do any real damage... being on a computer that mine is connected to hardly
> puts them "in [my] home," even if my computer at home were connected to a phone
> line. Bloody law enforcement paranoids...
> 	-Allen

Besides, its not at all threatening.  Actually, more on the stupid side.
All it is right now is a several pages of trash-talk and a few links.
Hardly a threat to life as we know it.  The URL, for anyone whos
interested, is http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3149 (across town
from my page, thankfully :)

Zach Babayco

[email protected]  <----- finger for PGP public key