Re: problem software

ARCHFIEND <[email protected]> writes:
> >we have problem software looming on the horizen here.
> >does anyonw have the expertise to write any
> >anti-lightening.bolt software that can disable
> >or disengage these e-mail address collectors?
>
> We come face to face with our old problems organization and consistency.  If
> we want to "stop" lightning bolt and other programs like this (6 hours of
> coding for anyone halfway to reality), we have to stop its profitability by
> 1) boycotting advertisers and 2) assiduously, consistently, mailbombing the
> fuck out of their addresses until their ISPs drop them.

Hey - we just got back from a trip, it's good to see all your guys back
online.

I think one way to fightt junk e-mail is to do what I proposed: have a
"don't-e-mail" list available for FTP, and make it trivial to add one's
address to it. I can talk more about how I envision this if anyone is
willing to consider putting such a thing up.

I honestly don't think lightening&co want to e-mail people who don't
want to be e-mailed.

---