re: National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

Perry Metzger wrote:

>Bart Croughs writes:
>> I would be proud if I had discovered this axiom, but alas, I haven't.
>> It's an axiom that is generally accepted among austrian >>economists
>>(Rothbard, Hazlitt, etc). I don't know who actually discovered it.

>The truly hysterical part is that Tim and I are both (from what I can
>tell) Austrians.

>Perry

Well, if you are an Austrian, then maybe you should study the Austrians a bit more and write a bit less about them. In several posts I gave quotes from famous Austrian economists that support my statement that according to Austrian economists wages depend on the amount of capital invested. And all that you answer to this is that you're an Austrian yourself. What do you expect me to say? "Well, Austrian economists like Murray Rothbard and Henry Hazlitt think that wages depend on the amount of capital invested, but Perry Metzger disagrees and says he is an Austrian himself, so we can't conclude that according to Austrian economists wages depend on the level of capital invested?" For the moment, I think it's more reasonable to conclude that you don't understand the Austrians. But of course you can try to attack the arguments of the Austrian economists, and convince them that they are wrong and that they ought to adopt your point of view.

Bart Croughs