Anguilla - A DataHaven?

Tim:
> Rather, there is an "archetype," if you will, of what a "remailer" is, what
> a "data haven" is, what a "tax shelter" is, etc. While we cannot reasonably
> expect a remailer to exactly match the archetype, we can point out obvious
> deficiencies.

1)  Anguilla has secrecy laws.  Professional relationships are confidential.
    There are strong secrecy laws.  I have not given out taxbomber's
    name, nor will I as I could face legal action if I did.

2)  Anguilla has no sales or income taxes.  A business does not need to
    report anything about income, sales, etc, to the government (or anyone
    else).  If a guy wants to sell his data and keep 100% of the profits
    instead of 50% or 60%, then Anguilla would be a haven for him.

3)  We don't have the same laws as other countries, so there are things
    that can be done here.  For example, we can export encryption
    software.  Also, we will have bingo.com in Anguilla.

There are deficiencies from a cypherpunk or Libertarian point of view. And
these are interesting.  And exactly what I want to do is changing. As I
said, Anguilla is not the datahaven of cypherpunks wet dreams.  I am sure
there are no datahavens that match the cypherpunk concept of an ideal
datahaven, yet.

But I think the term DataHaven applies as well to Anguilla as any other
place I know of.

Tim, we would all be very happy if you were to locate a country that could
be the site of the ideal datahaven, and finance a couple cypherpunks to
setup there.  It would be a big help to our cause.  Could you do this?

In the mean time, people may have to exist in cyberspace (like
www.taxbomber.com) without having a totally secure physical location.
This is not the end of the world, or really even that painful.  If done
right you could be down for only an hour - just long enough for
nameservers to change.  Taxbomber is now setup to do it very fast next
time, if the need ever comes.  Tim, I think you have even advocated this
approach, not stressing the physical location, just the cyberspace
location.  No?

   --  Vince

Vincent Cate   [email protected]  http://www.offshore.com.ai/vince/
Offshore Information Services         http://www.offshore.com.ai/