Schlafly helped defeat ERA, supported Goldwater--where do I sign up?

At 1:53 PM 8/15/96, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>Take a look at the Boston Coalition for Freedom of Expression's list of
>enemies of free expression. Excerpt follows.

>Linkname: Phyllis Schlafly, Eagle Forum
>Filename: http://www.eff.org/pub/Groups/BCFE/bcfenatl.html#Schlafly
>
>   Phyllis Schlafly
>   "Leading the pro-family movement to victories since 1972." Basic
>   membership includes a subscription to The Phyllis Schlafly Report and
>   costs $15.00. Mrs. Schlafly, whose husband Fred used to head the World
>   Anti-Communist League, is the person considered most responsible for
>   the defeat of the ERA. Her book A Choice Not an Echo, published in
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   1964 to support the presidential aspirations of Barry Goldwater, is
>   one of the seminal texts of contemporary American conservative
>   politics.

So, she helped defeat the ERA and supported Goldwater. Sounds pretty good
to me. From this excerpt, I'd call her a friend of liberty.

(Yes, I'm serious. Some of you find it hard to tell when I'm being
completely serious and when I'm being facetious, so I thought I'd clarify
this.)

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!