Floating DataHaven

William Knowles <[email protected]>

> Something that I thought would make an excellent data haven would
> be older offshore oil platforms,
> [...]
> You have to wonder how cheap these could sell
> for just to get them off the oil companies hands?

A floating DataHaven is probably the way to get the ultimate in
freedom.

There is someone on Anguilla that bought a used floating oil platform for
$1 million.  It is big enough for 200 people to live on.  It is not here,
so I have not seen it.

There is someone else here who says that there are some really old ones
that you can get just for hauling them away. Some countries will not let
owners just sink them.

You can get Internet via radio links for reasonable prices.  And via
satellite for almost affordable prices.  When Bill Gates 900 satellites
get up there it should be very affordable.

  --  Vince

Vincent Cate   [email protected]  http://www.offshore.com.ai/vince/
Offshore Information Services         http://www.offshore.com.ai/