No Subject

At 11:05 PM 8/16/96 -0400, you wrote:

>There are many computer companies that are full of Bozos,
>Microsoft isn't one of them. Most of the people griping about
>Microsoft can't code any better.

Gee Phill, as I'm preparing to leave MS after 6 years, I have to
disagree with you.  Mediocrity and bureaucracy have eatten away
at a lot of the core of the company.  It is entirely marketing driven
now, and the coders have definitely gone down hill since I first
started in Apps.  The "bozo" factor has steadily increased.  Only
those new hires without a sense of history think it's a real cool
place to work.  And, a few egocentric folks totally tripped on
power and greed.  (Apologies to any MSofties on the list I don't
know personally.)

Talk to HR about the turnover of people with 5.5 to 8 years
under their belts who are bailing with their stock options because
it ain't a fun place to work anymore.  Testers, developers, UE,
you name it.

I can gripe because I was there.  I never seem to recall seeing
your name on any internal e-mail.

Oh yeah, this is coming through a remailer, because I'm reading
the list at work.  And I doubt BillG would appreciate my opinions
being sent out over MS resources.