Re: Lunch with Bill, anyone?

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, the glorious Hallam-Baker prognosticated:

> John C. Randolph wrote:
>
> > Does Microsquish *know* any industry luminaries?  I mean, Cutler
> > used to be one, but he's pretty burnt out, if Windoze NT is any
> > indication.
>
> Butler Lampson and Rashid are both pretty hot. Cutler got NT
> to a workable state considerably faster than he got VMS to
> one.
>
> There are many computer companies that are full of Bozos,
> Microsoft isn't one of them. Most of the people griping about
> Microsoft can't code any better.

Depends. If it's media, then you are correct. If it's technical, then
you're not. The biggest complaints about MS I hear come from people that
actually know what they are talking about and are damn good at it.

> I'm interested that Navigator 3b6 crashes several times daily
> while Internet Explorer has yet to crash on me. I couldn't
> care less about fancy features, at this stage I want a browser
> that is reliable - like they used to be.
>
> 		Phill

This is why it's called a "Beta" Phill...

As for reliable, there is no such thing... there is only MTBF.

...Paul