Re: Orbiting Datahavens

On Or About 17 Aug 96, 5:24, Brian C. Lane wrote:

>   How about an orbiting DataHaven. No jurisdiction to bother with,
> extremely difficult to get to (except by large governments...).

<SNIP>

> it would work. Might even be cheaper than outfitting the oil-rig
> with the rate that they are tossing satellites into space.
>
>   If the HAM radio community can get a satellite into space, why not
>   the
> Cypherpunks/Linux communities?

This is a fascinating concept that needs to be further researched.
It would be interesting to do some cost examinations.  I have always
been behind any private space programs!  I am even behind the Govt.
Programs.

Ross Wright
King Media:  Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://www.slip.net/~cdr/kingmedia
Voice: 415-206-9906