THE POUCH

mattC> Allow me to quote from your web page:
mattC> http://www.flagler.com/security.html

mattC> Quote #1:
mattC> "The POUCH is a secure e-mail terminal program for IBM compatible
mattC> computers. It uses a secret key phrase, advanced cryptographic
mattC> techniques and several unpublished algorithms to protect data in the
mattC> body of e-mail messages. The key phrase, which can be up to 48 bytes
mattC> long, is easily remembered and communicated. The POUCH is highly
mattC> resistant to all known forms of cryptographic attack."

mattC> Quote #2:
mattC> "We warrant that the product when delivered to you has no short cuts,
mattC> covert channels or secret solutions of any kind. No other warranty,
mattC> either expressed or implied is given."

mattC> If it is any good, there's no way for us to know. But your marketing
mattC> of the product has every indication that it's nothing more than smoke
mattC> and mirrors. To coin a phrase, "pseudocrypto."

To coin a phrase, "pseudocrapto" :-)

Jay

James P. Anderson III         [email protected]
Senior Network Engineer                          N3JMC
Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute
Princeton, NJ 08543               Work: (609)-252-6039