Re: [RANT] Death of Usenet: Film at 11

At  1:34 PM 8/19/96 -0700, Mike Duvos wrote:
>Permit me to go off in an orthogonal direction here and say that
>I think that we should do away with the concept of a pre-ordained
>newsgroups in Usenet entirely, in favor of an IRC-like dynamic
>creation of message pools.

Moderated newsgroups gain reputation from their moderation policies and
probably should not be included in this scheme.

Bill Frantz       | Cave ab homine unius lebri | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     |  [Beware the man of one    | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] |   book]  - Anonymous Latin | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA