Re: Spamming

> At 06:09 PM 8/20/96 -0700, Rich Graves wrote:
<Snip>
> No.  I think we can all (most) agree that spam-email is like junk-snailmail.
> In that case there are a few things to consider:
>
>   1. Junkmail requires the SENDER to pay for it, not the recipient.
    Internet pricing models are complicated and debatable, but you surely
    end up paying for snail-junk-mail. Not directly, but hidden in the high
    first-class mail costs. More mail, more infrastructure, higher costs.
    This could be quite true for the net also, if we consider bandwidth costs
    money.

Vipul

--

Vipul Ved Prakash                       Voice   91 11 2247802
<[email protected]>                       Fax     91 11 3328849