Re: U.S. Army Private Faces Spying Charges

Peter Trei writes:

> If this guy is guilty (and I have no particular reason to doubt it),
> I was still under the impression that treason carried the death penalty
> only in wartime.

The death penalty for spying on the part of members of the military
was part of the new and improved federal death penalty passed a number
of years back.  It added some 35 new federal death penalty offenses.
I don't recall whether saying "Clinton sucks" was included amongst them.

     [email protected]     $    via Finger.                      $