Re: Whistleblowing on the Internet

Geoffrey Gussis wrote:

| Overall, I am quite surprised that there isn't a whistleblowing
| clearinghouse on the Internet; a site sponsored by a non-profit that lists
| email addresses and secure forms for sending anonymized email to those
| areas of the public and private sector that deal with whistleblowing.  As
| the Internet is a great medium for information dissemination, and offers
| significant privacy advantages, I really expected to find much more.

	Such a clearinghouse is what we call a fat target; something
likely to attract attention since wiretapping it could be very useful
to an organization that worried about having a whistleblower.

	As such, the correct attitude towords whistleblowing is to use
an anonymous remailer, and send to interested parties.  That's how the
AT&T deal that sunk the des phones and made clipper a household word
was publicized; a member of the list(?) interested party sent a
number of interesting documents through remailers to cypherpunks.

Adam

					               -Hume