Re: Real or Not ?

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> I snagged this off a news group this AM.. comments??

[snip]

>  Since version 2.1, PGP ("Pretty Good Privacy") has been rigged to
> allow the NSA to easily break encoded messages. Early in 1992, the author,
> Paul Zimmerman, was arrested by Government agents. He was told that he

The author of PGP is PHILLIP Zimmermannm not Paul.

This file has been making the rounds for a few years now...it was first
posted to one of the humor newsgroups, but pops up every now and then on
one of the more serious places, like here.  It's bogus.

---

Zach Babayco

[email protected]  <----- finger for PGP public key
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/4127