Re: libelous action

At 02:57 AM 8/27/96 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:
>I would remind you that each and every sale you make of this product, when
>based on material misrepresentation, constitutes a fraud. If made by
>wire, as these sales seem they may, they represent wire fraud. That's one
>count of fraud and one count of wire fraud. If a check is sent to you via
>mail, that's a count of mail fraud to boot.

Wow, imagine what would happen if a bunch of "in-the-know" folks bought
a product like this under the claims to strong crypto and then found out
they were fooled! With charges like these a guy could get into real trouble.

I sure hope Mr. Holt isn't personally accountable. He sounds like a
real swell guy. It would be a shame for him to go to prison for what is
obviously his misunderstanding of what is cryptographically strong and
what is a pitiful excuse for a product.

Of course I've never seen his product so I don't know which category it
falls into, but it would be a shame.

Disclaimer: I may or may not be serious. I have made no direct claims
so whose to say what my intentions are in posting this ;\)

Jim Sewell - Programmer Tantalus Inc.
[email protected] Key West, FL 33040
Amateur Radio: KD4CKQ 801 Eisenhower Drive
Compu$erve: 71061,1027 Multi-player computer games