Re: Singapore Global Action Alert (8/29/96)

At  5:21 PM 8/29/96 -0500, Jean-Francois Avon wrote:
>I am fed up of seing net users giving every would-be dictator the
>benefit of the doubt.  There is no tolerance to be applied to that.
>There is no such thing as being tolerent to poison.

I don't think this is giving Singapore's rulers the benefit of the doubt.
Rather, it is a case of asking politely the first time.  Since it is asking
him to change a policy of his, it is merely avoiding calling him a shithead
in the process.  When you want someone to do something voluntarily, it is
usually better to start by being polite.

It is up to other net-forces to make sure that censorship is ineffective
for technical reasons.

Bill Frantz       | Cave ab homine unius libri | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     |  [Beware the man of one    | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] |   book]  - Anonymous Latin | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA