Re: Anti-Racist Laws Stifle Political Liberty

At 09:01 AM 8/29/96 -0700, Dave Harman OBC wrote:
> Some examples of dangerous dead letter laws:
>
> * Abortion
>
> [...] If
> the previous Supreme Court decisions are overturned, most states will
> suddenly start enforcing their fascist anti-abortion laws.

This seems unlikely; Abortion was illegal in the US for about 75 years
before there was any serious attempt to enforce these laws.  As soon as
people got serious about enforcing them in the 1950s, the shit hit the
fan.

No semi free country has ever got away with banning abortion
unless there was a convenient neighbor a short day trip away, where
abortions are reasonably available.  (If Ulster went back to Ireland,
I predict Irelands policy on abortions would swiftly change)

Your points concerning other dangerous dead letter laws are very
true.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]